GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP PROGRAMS
Citizenship is the relationship between an individual and a nation state whereby the state grants the citizen certain rights, such as the right to vote, work and own property, and in return the citizen accepts the responsibility of upholding the laws and customs of that state.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Citizenship by investment is the process of obtaining a second citizenship and passport by investing in the economy of the host country. Citizenship by investment programs legally confer citizenship status faster than traditional immigration processes and do so without requiring investors to put their lives on hold.
WHY DO PEOPLE INVEST IN A SECOND CITIZENSHIP?
– Security & Insurance
– Global Mobility
– Business Opportunities
– Family, Health Care & Education
– Improved Quality of life
– Portfolio Diversifications
– Taxation, Retirement & Succession Planning
WHAT DO COUNTRIES GAIN FROM CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMS?
Many countries offer citizenship by investment programs in order to attract much-needed foreign direct investment. Countries can then use these funds to invest in their own projects, such as real estate development, business development and job creation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A SECOND PASSPORT
– Have a clean criminal record.
– Show the legal source of the investment funds.
– Invest in one of the government-approved options, such as real estate, government bonds or a national economic fund.