It offers foreign investors and wealthy individuals visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 157 countries and territories, Bulgarian Residence for family members, and many other benefits. Our law firm assists EU and non-EU nationals in acquiring Bulgarian citizenship and passports through investment. The Bulgarian Citizenship Act amendments passed on the 26th of February 2021 cancel Bulgarian bond investments.
It is now possible for investors to invest in priority government projects (tourism, industry, and local development), Bulgarian ETFs and AIFs, or stocks of Bulgarian companies traded on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange. The required investment amount remains the same as it was for the bonds. ETF and AIF investors must invest 512,000 EUR for the ordinary or 1,024,000 EUR for the fast track.
Get Bulgarian citizenship By Investment
– Permanent resident & citizen of the European Union (EU).
– Visa-free travel to 155 countries.
– Exemption from physical residence enforced by legislation.
– Strategic geographical location, connecting Europe to Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
– Fast track option available for European citizenship for investors and their families within two years.
– No language requirements for residency or citizenship.
– Lowest tax rates within the EU.
– Applicants must make a qualified investment.
– Be over 18 years old.
– Have no criminal record.
– Provide all required documents in English.
– Successfully pass a due diligence check.
– Visit Bulgaria twice during the application process.
– Have a personal net worth of over €1,000,000
The applicant must invest BGN 1,000,000 (approx. €512,000) in a fully guaranteed government bond portfolio for 5 years. At the end of the term, the applicant gets the full amount back without interest. The applicant can apply for citizenship after holding permanent residence for a period of 5 years.
Permanent Residency (Financed Investment)
Make a one-off non-refundable payment of €195,000 which is used to finance the Permanent Residency investment on behalf of the client.
Fast Track Citizenship
After holding permanent residence for at least 1 year the applicant can then apply for ‘Fast Track’ Citizenship by making a further bond investment of €512,000 which must be held for 2 years.
Citizenship is generally granted 3 months after the Fast Track option is exercised.
Fast Track Citizenship (Financed Investment)
Make a one-off non-refundable payment of €110,000 which is used to finance the Fast Track Citizenship investment on behalf of the client.
– File preparation and submission of application for main applicant.
– Permanent residence granted in 6-9 months.
– Submit PR applications for qualifying dependents.
– Can apply for Citizenship after 5 years Permanent Residence.